Saturday, September 7, 2024

Illicit affais


Make sure nobody sees you leaveHood over your head, keep your eyes downTell your friends you're out for a runYou'll be flushed when you returnTake the road less traveled byTell yourself you can always stopWhat started in beautiful roomsEnds with meetings in parking lots
And that's the thing about illicit affairsAnd clandestine meetings and longing staresIt's born from just one single glanceBut it dies, and it dies, and it diesA million little times
Leave the perfume on the shelfThat you picked out just for himSo you leave no trace behindLike you don't even existTake the words for what they areA dwindling, mercurial highA drug that only workedThe first few hundred times
And that's the thing about illicit affairsAnd clandestine meetings and stolen staresThey show their truth one single timeBut they lie, and they lie, and they lieA million little times
And you wanna screamDon't call me "kid"Don't call me "baby"Look at this godforsaken mess that you made meYou showed me colors you know I can't see with anyone else
Don't call me "kid"Don't call me "baby"Look at this idiotic fool that you made meYou taught me a secret language I can't speak with anyone else
And you know damn wellFor you, I would ruin myselfA million little times


Casi 20 años después y pega duro esta vaina, ala

No comments: